The seasons are changing. Nature follows a rhythm or cycle both outside and inside our body. As the weather changes on the outside, our body begins to go through changes on the inside as well in order to adapt to changes in sunlight, temperature, etc.. Spring, therefore, is the perfect time to give your body a "cleaning" of sorts.
Rejuvenate and revive your body with these 7 simple tips:
1. Drink only water: One of the best ways to cleanse your body is by drinking a lot of water. This helps to flush out toxins from your cells. Water is best is consumed warm (around your normal body temperature, or slightly warmer). You can mix in some fresh squeezed lemon for some flavor and an extra bit of detox.
2. Head to the gym: Getting in a good sweat everyday is an excellent way to rid toxins from your body. If you like to exercise outside, that is even better. Get that heart rate up for at least 30 minutes every day. For an extra bit of detox (health permitting) add in 15-20 minutes in the sauna following your workout.
3. Increase Your Plant-based diet: Vegetables are a great way to fill your body full of healthy nutrients. They also can help flush your digestive track of a build up of toxins. Bitter greens like dandelion, kale, and endive are especially great at improving digestion.
4. Get Plenty of Vitamin D: The average adult is deficient in vitamin D. Taking a quality vitamin D supplement is crucial for those not exposed to regular sunlight (which includes most of us). If you get the chance however, get out for 20-30 minutes of midday sunshine for a dose of vitamin D provided compliments of mother nature.
5. Put down the processed food: There are thousands of different chemicals used in the processed food industry, and all are dangerous to your health. Commit to eating whole, fresh foods this spring, and not those found in a box with fancy packaging.
6. Increase your fat consumption: Yes, I said INCREASE your fat intake. This does not mean any type of fat however. Healthy fats such as avocado, nuts, and olive oil have been shown to balance your blood sugar and keep you full longer. This will help you avoid an unhealthy eating binge when your blood sugar drops.
7. Start eating fermented foods: These may be some of the healthiest foods on the planet when it comes to intestinal health. Items like kombucha, kefir, and cultured vegetables are all excellent at providing incredible detoxification to your intestines.
In closing, remember that instituting these changes to your diet and routines may not always come easy. Don't be discouraged, just commit to getting better every single day. If you do this, along with staying regular with your chiropractic adjustments for a healthy nervous system, you will be well on your way to having the health of your dreams. Get to it, start making the changes TODAY, don't wait!